As spring peeks its head around the corner, your thoughts naturally turn to dining outside on your porch or deck, heading to the farmer’s market, turning in your parka for a light jacket, and throwing out your winter doldrums for the joys of warmer weather.
There’s probably one more thing that spring reminds you of – spring cleaning. If the thought of tackling that seasonal deep clean of your home fills you with dread rather than keen expectation, there are ways to get your spring cleaning checklist handled without rolling up your sleeves and getting on your hands and knees to do it.
At TLC Cleaning, we know that some folks relish house cleaning, and others would rather eat a jar of relish with no chaser. If you’re in the latter group, we’re here to take your deep cleaning checklist off your hands. No relish required.
We do just about everything on your spring cleaning checklist: kitchens, bathrooms, closets, bedrooms, and hard-to-reach areas of your home you’d rather not think about. All of these are places where your spring cleaning partner, TLC, can help.
While we do the dirty work, you can find something more awesome to do with your day. Here are five things to do instead of your spring cleaning.
1. Don’t Clean Your Kitchen, Go to the Spa
Spring cleaning means a deep clean of your kitchen. There’s likely a year’s worth of grime, or more, in some parts of your kitchen. This buildup can attract insects and critters, so spring is the time to throw open the windows and tackle that spring cleaning checklist.
Or not! Head to the spa for a facial, a massage, a pedicure, or a combination of services. Get pampered as you get rid of dry winter skin and prepare your body for more revealing spring and summer clothing. Relax and rest assured that we will clean your home thoroughly and professionally. Hire TLC Cleaning, and we will give your kitchen the deep clean it deserves, including:
- Move large appliances such as your stove and refrigerator to clean under and behind.
- Clean out your refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean and descale small appliances such as microwaves, toaster ovens, and coffee makers.
- Wipe down all baseboards, window sills, oven hoods, and ceiling fan blades.
- Wash cabinet doors and knobs.
- Wash all window treatments.
- Clean your oven.
- Wash walls and trim.
- Wash doors and knobs.
- Wash counters and backsplash.
- Clean out your dishwasher.
- Scrub floors and grout.
- Dust light fixtures.
- Wash floor registers and vent covers.
- Wipe down outlets, switch plates, and other knobs.
When you come home rejuvenated from the spa, your kitchen will have had its own makeover. With TLC as your spring cleaning partner, you can get yourself and your home ready for the warmer weather.
2. Don’t Scrub the Bathroom, Go on a Winery Tour with Your Friends
Convince your friends to abandon their spring cleaning checklists and head with you to a local winery to sample the harvest. Head over to Rookery Rock Winery in Wheatland, or taste Maple River Distillery’s Chokecherry Brandy or their Rhubarb Flavored Vodka. Try Cottonwood Cider House for their annual unique ciders made from locally grown apples, hops, and other fruit. Whatever your poison, there’s a brewery, distillery, meadery, or winery to suit you.
Meanwhile, back at your home, TLC will be working down the bathroom deep cleaning checklist, including:
- Cleaning out and sorting cabinets and medicine chests
- Washing cabinet exteriors and mirrors
- Scrubbing the tub and drain
- Vacuuming out vents and light fixtures
- Washing floor and wall registers
- Scrubbing the toilet and tank
- Washing the sink and drain
- Vacuuming and mopping the floor
- Wiping down baseboards and trim
- Cleaning shower curtains, doors, and window treatments
3. Take the Kids on An Outing Instead of Cleaning Your Bedroom
Your kids have been cooped up inside for winter long enough and probably want to get outside and run around. Try an excursion to the Bonanzaville, an outing to the Red River Zoo, or a trip to the Fargo Air Museum.
While you’re out and about, gawking at planes or hiking in Lindenwood Park, the pros at TLC Cleaning will be making your bedrooms spic and span. Our deep cleaning checklist for your sleeping spaces includes:
- Moving furniture and cleaning under your bed
- Laundering bedding
- Cleaning window treatments
- Dusting fixtures and furniture
- Wiping down walls, ceiling fan blades, doors, baseboard, and trim
- Refreshing your mattress with baking soda and vacuuming
- Dusting lights and lampshades
- Cleaning mirrors
- Vacuuming or scrubbing floors
4. Catch Up on Your Favorite TV Series or Books
New seasons and episodes of many of your TV favorites are now available. Set up your tablet in the bathroom and binge anything with Jason Mamoa or Emma Stone in it, while sipping your favorite beverage and enjoying a hot soak. Or curl up under the blankets with your sweetie and laugh along with The Good Place. What you don’t have to do is deep clean your family and living rooms. Leave that to your pals at TLC Cleaning, who will tackle chores such as:
- Removing all furniture cushions and vacuuming between and under them
- Cleaning your television screen (not while you’re watching) and dusting electronics
- Dusting shelves, furniture, and decor
- Moving all furniture to clean under and around
- Launder or spot clean throw pillows and blankets
- Wipe down or vacuum window treatments
- Wash walls, doors, outlets, switch plates, vents, and registers
- Wash lampshades, lighting, and ceiling fan blades
- Vacuum or scrub floors
5. Literally Anything Else Besides Cleaning
You can get your spring cleaning checklist accomplished without doing the cleaning yourself if you hire TLC Cleaning. Don’t mar your spring manicure with a mop, and don’t wrench your back scrubbing the ring of soap scum in your tub. In addition to the rooms listed above, we are happy to help you with dining rooms, laundry rooms, media rooms, playrooms, and four-season porches.
When you call the pros at TLC Cleaning, we will ask about your priorities to deep clean your home for spring. You’ll need to do some organizing and decluttering to get ready for our crews to sweep in and whisk away the dirt and grime, but you can hand your spring cleaning checklist to us and know that we will do it well. The only finger you’ll have to lift is to punch in our number on your phone.