Whether you live in a rented apartment, condo, or home, you must pay a security deposit before signing the lease. The property managers and landlords use the security deposit to fix any damages and clean the house once the renter moves out.
The good news is that you can still get your money back in full, provided that you meet specific requirements using these apartment cleaning tips.
Property owners appreciate it when you leave their units in good condition. While cleaning can be stressful, there is nothing more satisfying than looking at a sparkling house.
This article shares apartment cleaning tips to ensure you get back your security deposit. Give yourself peace of mind by hiring cleaning professionals for your move-out cleaning. Contact us for a free quote today.
Apartment Cleaning Tips On Different Areas of Your Home
Move-out cleaning should be stricter than the mother-in-law test if you want to get your deposit back. It is more than simply swiping a finger across a mantel. First, you need effective cleaning supplies to make your job easier and faster.
You can start by dusting ceilings and cabinets, wiping countertops, and sinks, and finally, mopping or vacuuming carpets and floors.
Clean From Top to Bottom
When cleaning your apartment, cleaning from top to bottom is essential to ensure that dirt and dust fall to the ground. It saves you time and energy from multiple vacuuming. The first step to deep cleaning your home is removing cobwebs and dusting. You can:
- Clear cobwebs from corners and ceilings
- Dust ceiling fan, light fixtures, and ledges to remove dust and dirt
- Wipe dust from surfaces such as bookcases, shelving, dressers, doors, and curtain rails.
- Repaint or remove dirty stains from walls and baseboards
- Thoroughly vacuum blinds
- Clean and polish mirrors.
Tackling The Bathroom
Bathrooms are some of the tiniest parts of a home but are the least desirable and time-consuming to clean. You must clean the sinks, cabinets, toilet, tiles, and shower. Remember to clean the toilet from top to bottom to avoid spreading germs. Also, ensure to ventilate when using bleach properly.
Here is a step-by-step process of making your bathroom spotless:
- Use the disinfectant cleaning spray and microfiber cloth to wipe down the sink and counters. Make a paste of vinegar and baking soda to remove stains from the grout.
- Scrub the tub or shower using vinegar and dish soap to eliminate mold and build-up.
- Wipe down the mirrors with a glass cleaner and thoroughly polish
- When it comes to the toilet, you can use a toilet brush and cleaner to scrub the inside and remove hard water stains.
- Antibacterial wipes are your best friend when it comes to wiping down the toilet seat
- Finally, clear all the debris from the floor using a vacuum or broom and mop the bathroom floors using soapy water.
Apartment Cleaning Tips for Your Kitchen
The kitchen is one of the most used areas in a home. However, you probably won’t make frequent meals during the last week before moving. This is the best time to start making your kitchen sparkle.
You can hire cleaning services like TLC cleaning professionals to save you from the hassle of cleaning and make your move stress-free.
Here are our apartment cleaning tips if you prefer cleaning the kitchen yourself:
- Clear out and clean kitchen cupboard, shelves, and drawers
- Throw away food leftovers
- Clean windows and wipe down the frames, sills, and ledges
- Remove molds and discoloration from the grout, wash and polish the wall tiles
- Scrub, rinse, and shine kitchen sinks, faucets, countertops, and worktops
- Scrub and polish gas rings and control knobs
- Clean the microwave by heating the water and vinegar mixture for a few minutes, and then wipe using a microfiber cloth.
- Deep clean the fridge using dish soap, vinegar, and water.
- Take the trash out and sanitize the garbage bins
- Lastly, mop and polish the kitchen floor.
DIY Oven Cleaning
The oven is one of the places that is mostly ignored when it comes to deep cleaning. That means it’s also one of the places likely to deny your security deposit by the time you’re moving out.
The best apartment cleaning tip to make your oven sparkle is using a mixture of baking soda and water to clean.
Baking soda is an excellent cleaning agent because it is mildly abrasive. As a result, it helps eliminate sticky food stains in the oven. It also removes greasy stains and leaves the oven spotless. After washing the oven with the baking soda and water mixture, rinse it using a wet piece of cloth.
TLC Cleaning Services for The Best End of Tenancy Cleaning
As cleaning professionals, we understand how energy and time-consuming cleaning an entire house can be. We provide cleaning services in Fargo, including Grand Forks, Detroit Lakes, Wahpeton, and Jamestown.
If you dream of walking into an immaculate house without taking the time or effort, TLC Cleaning is ready to help. Call us today for weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly cleaning to keep your space sparkling while you focus on things that matter, like family, career, and friends.